Gilbert Cardiology has created a lipid management program to assist and educate patients with abnormal cholesterol levels. Ninety percent of all cardiovascular disease is caused by cholesterol. Lowering your cholesterol level by 1 percent, lowers your risk for heart disease by 2 percent. There are many factors that increase the risk of heart disease, and cholesterol is an important controllable risk factor. Signs and symptoms of high cholesterol are rare and cholesterol-lowering is important for everyone.
What to Expect?
- Focused and goal directed one-on-one time with a provider
- Assessment of all cardiovascular risk factors
- Fasting lipid profile review with option for additional specialized testing
- Setting goals and initiating a plan
- Medication optimization and education
- Basic and specific diet and nutrition modifications
- Lifestyle modifications and exercise
- Ongoing follow up until goals are met and stable
Fast Fact: The American Heart Association recommends limiting cholesterol to 300 mg a day. One egg yolk has 215 mg of cholesterol.
To begin using myhdl.com to view and trend your lab results, please register by using your Patient ID located in the top left section of your HDL, Inc. laboratory results. The First Name and Last Name should be the same as it appears on your laboratory report.